Friday, April 16, 2010

Loaded Post or Hummuggs

Lots to discuss today. Let's get started...

Since my deducting phase of playing with certain food symptoms has finished (that was a mouthful to say.. pun intended), I have now solidified the fact that dairy, undoubtedly, causes some unwanted symptoms in my body. Within hours of consuming any dairy, I have mucus and feel... a little off. I did a little exerpiment with regular greek/cow's milk yogurt and goat's milk yogurt. Verdict is that my body likes the goat yogurt, well can process it without any side effects. The cow's yogurt, not so much. I went a week with only eating goat yogurt and then last night I had some greek yogurt. Today, all mucusy! It's crazy how fast that comes on. But at least I know what works and what doesn't.

Some of my favorite uses with goat yogurts...
Plain goat yogurt topped with dark chocolate pieces and Averie's delicious (seriously) raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (mine were made with a bit more oats but were amazing, nonetheless!)

Plain goat yogurt, green powder (I used Progreens), chocolate hemp/pea protein powder, chocolate liquid Stevia drops, carob chips
(This is my new best friend. I've been eating it every day for the last week.)

Another variation of the one above but with protein powder, carob powder, carob chips, and Stevia
For dessert, it couldn't be better!

And since you really didn't want to hear about that but were forced to anyway, I have something for all of you... well, those participating in the Green Week Challenges!

Any guesses as to what this might be???
Oooh, those are some of the Green Week Challenge prizes that just came in the mail! BIG thank you to NaturalZing for sending those items to help promote Green Week! Earth Day is just around the corner...

I'm getting everything ready to package in a basket or Earth friendly bag for the winner! Hurry up and start blogging/picturing/etc you're Earth day challenge items! I know most of you do already do a lot of these things on a daily basis- and seriously, KUDOS to that! But we want to proof, you know? 

I'll be loading up my camera this weekend with some challenges so get ready for those! AND get your NaturalZing items here... they have everything!


So, last night I had a pretty amazing tasting meal that I just had to share with those of you who read (but don't really particularly care what the heck I'm eating).
Let's just call this...
Hummuggs
Huggmus
Eggmmus
Egg with Hummus (?)

Well, that sounds pretty weird but I was trying to figure out how to put hummus and eggs together (in harmony) for the sake of making one word...

As I searched my fridge, upon my return home from work, I realized that I had a whole lot of random items to eat. So, gathering all of them, I tossed them into this...
Roasted white onions, diakon, red bell peppers, and spinach
Then 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg added and scrambled

Upon plating, cherry tomatoes, freshly chopped basil, microgreens, Umeboshi plum paste (redish stuff in the leftish corner- SO GOOD), and hummus were added.
Love from above.
However you say it, it tasted incredibly good.

What are you eating?


What are you greening this week?



And don't forget this from yesterday:
.....Some fun and friendly competition...who wants the BEST SKIN OF THEIR LIFE? It's simple, the first 5 people to email me with their Rodan + Fields product orders and info...will receive a FREE FULL SIZE product from me...with your new preferred customer order (discounts included and free shipping)! This offer expires this weekend on Sunday! Contact me today! :)

See ya later! HAPPY FRIDAY!

3 running thoughts:

Katie said...

Oh, why can't one of us win that awesome Natural Zing stuf?!!? I LOVE the egg and hummus combo. I probably eat it at least twice a week. And, I was holding some of that plum paste in my hand the other day and put it back. Maybe I'll get it next time.

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

Oh that is sooo cool that you won some Nat Zing! They have great products and i have ordered from them once. Anyway thx for posting bout the cookie dough!!!!! Glad you liked it...no beans this time in there :) LOL

And I am posting about green week later today!
xoxo

Pure2raw twins said...

Everything looks great!! yes we all green over here at Twin Cakes and Pure2raw...I will post soon about it!

Post a Comment