Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pink Pancakes are delicious

Good morning! Happy Valentine's Day Eve! And happy Saturday!
I actually got to sleep in this morning... until my internal clock woke me up at 6:45 am. Yes, this is sleeping in to me. Sad, isn't it. Monday through Friday I wake up at 5:15 am, in order to be at the gym at 6....

So, I got up, did a little blog reading, and headed down to the kitchen to make some Pre-Valentine's Day Pink Pancakes!
I present to you, heart healthy, hearty, gluten-free, dairy-free, easy to make, Pink Pancakes.

Pink (Protein) Pancakes
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 2 tbsp vanilla rice protein powder 
  • 2 tbsp coconut flour (or, as I used, coconut protein- cherry vanilla flavored! Yum!)
  • 1 tbsp millet flour (optional for "fluffy" texture)
  • 1 tbsp amaranth flour (optional, just for added texture and "grain" flavor)
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (may have to add a little more depending on stickiness)
  • 4 drops of liquid Stevia
  • dash of salt
  • Pinch of Xantham gum (optional)
  • 2 tsp beet juice for pink coloring (or cheat, as I did, and used a dash of pomegranate juice and red food coloring... sorry!)
  • Cinnamon to your liking
Mix all ingredients together and let sit while heating a large pan on high. After pan is hot, reduce heat to medium and add coconut oil for cooking cakes. Drop pancakes onto pan, whatever your little heart desires in size.

When done, top with pomegranate seeds, or other fruit, and spread on some tahini maple sauce (tahini mixed with maple syrup- it's delicious!).
And if you're still in the pink mood, try a pink cleansing, hydrating drink:
Coconut Pink Pom Cooler
Ingredients:
  • Water from one young coconut
  • Half of the meat from inside of one young coconut
  • Pomagranate seeds, handful or so
  • 3 drops of Stevia (optional)
 Blend and enjoy!
Happy almost Valentine's Day!!!
And as I am about to push Publish Post, for this Saturday post, my boyfriend says, "Why didn't you use the heart shaped mold we have for pancakes?"

Would have been nice to know that we had one of those...

3 running thoughts:

chrystad72 said...

omg girl. Same thing happens to me! ha! Im up so early during the week that on weekends 7am is like sleeping in to me. Crazy eh? I was up at 6 though, have to work today=/ But those pics of your amazing pancakes me me smile. Sooo loving those!!! And that Pom cooler. Awesome stuff hon! I hope you have a rockin weekend!

Diana said...

LOL nice of bf to tell you about the heart mold AFTER the fact. :)

I LOVE your pink recipes! I did a cupcake frosting this week that I colored with beet juice and it's awesome. I love the flavor beets give baked goods. But POM would be awesome too! Good idea :)

katie said...

Wow, total yum!

Katie

Gong Xi Fa Cai - Happy New Year, Year of the Tiger

Post a Comment