Sunday, January 3, 2010

A great mistake

Tonight's dinner was definitely a great mistake. Well, I guess it wasn't really a mistake so much as it just happened to become something wonderful. I had a craving for Indian food after looking through some recipes over at The Sunny Raw Kitchen Blog. I decided to just play with some ingedients that I had and it turned out fantastic. So, I give you...

Kabocha Squash with Curried Green Sauce
Squash Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the kabocha squash in half and scoop out the inner seeds. Place face down, with outter skin facing up, on a tin foil lined baking sheet. Place kabocha in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until soft. While baking, make curried green sauce.

Curried Green Sauce Ingredients:
  • 2 - 3 cups packed fresh spinach
  • 1/2 cup coconut water
  • 1/8 cup nama shoyu (or soy sauce)
  • 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 big clove garlic
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ginger,diced
  • 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp curry marsala powder
  • 1/2 cup coconut meat (optional for thicker results)
Pulse all ingredients in a blender until just mixed. Mine was pretty thin but adding coconut meat will thicken.

When squash is done, remove from oven and scrape out insides. Plate your squash and pour the curried green sauce over your kabocha. Eat. Enjoy. Fat free, super delicious, greens packed dinner. Filling also!

 
I had two plates. It was quite good. And the boyfriend even said that he amazed at how good it tasted.
I will just take that as a compliment.

Rewind to before dinner. This morning, I had a great yoga workout at Yoga Source Los Gatos with a Power Vinyasa Flow class. These are pretty tough, challenging, and completely work your body! This class was an hour and a half of long holding warrior poses, chair poses with twists, and Goddess poses. If you do not know what those poses are, just imagine holding squats and lunges with your arms either above your head or extended out in front of you.
When I finish a yoga class I feel amazing. I feel strong. I feel powerful, joyful, and complete. I know that probably sounds a little strange but honestly, yoga is spiritual for me. I just feel so alive after a great workout and mind cleansing yoga session.

Besides the yoga I have been doing, I have gotten back into running. Short runs between 4 and 6 miles, but running nonetheless. It feels awesome to get back out there and run. Especially with the weather being so nice lately. We are lucky here with the sun shining and the coldness being warmed to around 56 degrees during the day. Definitely not too bad.

Enjoy your night! Have a great morning tomorrow!


(source)

2 running thoughts:

Pure2Raw Twins said...

Your dinner looks amazing, I would have had two plates too : ) We hope to finally make it to some local yoga studios in our area!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I noticed you mentioned cooking with Coconut water on your blog. Have you ever tried just drinking it? We want to send you a complimentary case of Vita Coco to try and review. All we ask is that when blogging, you provide links for the Vita Coco Facebook Fan Page (http://bit.ly/aotjlC) and this link (http://bit.ly/c78qe7 Code:2BUCKVIT) for the Amazon coupon. When reviewing, just mention that you received a free case from Vita Coco. Please email us at info@smile.ly so we can send you that free case of Vita Coco!Hey, I noticed you mentioned cooking with Coconut water on your blog. Have you ever tried just drinking it? We want to send you a complimentary case of Vita Coco to try and review. All we ask is that when blogging, you provide links for the Vita Coco Facebook Fan Page (http://bit.ly/aotjlC) and this link (http://bit.ly/c78qe7 Code:2BUCKVIT) for the Amazon coupon. When reviewing, just mention that you received a free case from Vita Coco. Please email us at info@smile.ly so we can send you that free case of Vita Coco. We look forward to hearing from you!

Post a Comment