Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eating MMA style

Howdy! I hope that everyone is having a dry day while the rain (at least here) comes down. 

If you haven't yet, click on over to yesterday's guest post by Heather. Thanks again Heather! What a great post that was! The protein debate is definitely a hot topic. High protein, low protein, low carb, high fat, whatever your nutrient intake may be, I bet it's different for you than for your neighbor. What does work for you?? Myself, I need a balance of everything. I cannot eat tons and tons of almond butter (ooooh but I wish wish WISH I could...) and hope not to gain a pound. I can't eat only green smoothies everyday either, although I need my daily morning one. Personally I need a little of everything, or whatever my body is craving. And honestly, if I try to cut one thing out of my diet, I usually just end up needing that forbidden food in the end.

So, whatever does work for you, I hope that you are listening to your body and giving it the energy it needs to perform the best it possibly can.

And what was my body telling me it wanted today??

6 a.m. Cardio Kickboxing class at the gym. Mixed Martial Arts style, baby. We did squats, jumping jacks, high knees, punches, upper cuts, jabs, back kicks, front kicks, abs, abs, and more abs. Oh it was glorious. I may be adding the gym's MMA classes to my workout routine, because honestly, it's a hell of a workout. And have you ever seen a scrony MMA fighter? No. Their muscles are cut. And after the class, my stomach told me exactly what it wanted for breakfast...

Thank you Whole Foods!
Fresh, still warm, vegan blackberry scone (with whole wheat flour and oats).

I do not normally eat baked goods that I haven't made but really, it was calling my name...

Last night we had a slightly different kind of meal. Ethiopian food to be exact, i.e. living-room-picnic style.

Might not be the loveliest meal, but full of flavor

Injera, I love you.

Now that you've (and I) have had our fill of food pictures, take a trip on over to The Chic Life where Diana is hosting an online bake sale for Haiti. All proceeds go to the American Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development Fund. This is a wonderful cause and you get to bid on some homemade magic (baked goods!).



See ya later!

2 running thoughts:

Pure2Raw Twins said...

Kickboxing class sounds like fun! We did some kickboxing moves here at the house after our run this mornin. Glorious! Love the Ethiopian food, never had it before!

Lori said...

Yes, kickboxing is awesome! And Ethiopian foods is pretty darn good. It's definitely interesting. Their spices are different than what we or other cultures normally use.

Post a Comment