Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Big Day

It's Thursday! That means that tomorrow is my birthday! And not only I am turning 25 tomorrow (Yikes!), it is also Lucky Friday the 13th! Love it. ;-)

This morning has been fantastic, mainly because I took a break for a hard workout and downloaded an hour yoga class from Yogadownload.com (thank you to the girls at Pure2Raw and miss Fitnessista for referring the website). So after my 60 minute Detox Flow yoga "class" in the comfort of my casa, I blended up a fruity smoothie. This one contained a banana, pomegranate seeds, goji berries, spinach, lemon juice, coconut water, and vegan vanilla rice protein powder. It was pretty tasty.

Last night I did a little experimentation with dinner. Nothing and everything sounded good so I just grabbed a bunch of things out of the fridge and came up with this:


Kelp Noodles & Cheese

Sautee leeks

Add the sauce and kelp noodles
Sauce: Cauliflower, nutritional yeast, miso, tahini, Nama Shoyu, red pepper flakes, white pepper



It was interesting. Not the best thing ever made but it was alright. I heated everything up on the stove and served it with a simple salad with homemade beets (yes, they are amazingly good!), and homemade apple cabbage sauerkraut.

Then proceeded to dessert.

This hit the spot.

Raw Carrot Cake
Since I just threw things together I did not measure but here is a list of the ingredients. Play around and see what is created!


Shredded carrots, coconut flour (or ground shredded coconut), rolled oats and/or flax meal, dates, agave, almond and vanilla extract, cinnamon, dash salt
Frosted with Tahini and raw honey
There can be no wrong with Tahini.
;-)

Delicious!

To celebrate my birthday, tonight I will be going out for some happy hour wine after work, then (hopefully) hiking tomorrow morning and dinner at night. I think I am making myself some raw chocolate chip cookie balls and raw ice cream (thank you Twins for the recipes!!!!!). Saturday is a surprise trip to somewhere doing something, courtesy of the boyfriend! Gotta love 'em!

From the book, Self-Meditation: 3,299 mantras, tips, quotes, and koans for peace and serenity, by Barbara Ann Kipfer here are some inspirations and thoughts to take with you today.

"When you lie down at night, reflect on the day that was. Remember your accomplishments and your frustrations- things done as well as things undone. Examine your behavior and the quality of your life with an honest and unflinching assessment. Recognize repetitive patterns. Assess how fruitful they really are. Then rest.
Inhale pure love. Exhale pure peace."

Namaste.

1 running thoughts:

Twins said...

HAPPY BIRHTDAY GIRL!! So happy to see that you are enjoying the yoga!!! Your kelp noodles look yummy..making me crave them. Umm. maybe I will have them tomorrow. and you raw carrot cake looks amazing... you beat us to that one have not made it yet. Thanks for the shout outs!!! ;)

Post a Comment