Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Figtastic!

It's Wednesday! Half way through the work week and the day is almost over! Not that my job is incredibly stressful (desk job) but it is always nice when the weekend is here. Recently, most of my days have been spent online looking at all the wonderful blogs on raw food and eating healthy. And most of these blogs are great! They provide me with hours of entertainment, information, excellent food photography (yeah, that sounds weird), recipes, ideas; You name it, these blogs have it. Actually, these blogs have inspired me to start this blog (Check out the blogs on my "Good Reads" blog list, right). So, I'm going to make a valiant effort to keep blogging.

Aside from work and blogging today's workout included the one hour P90X DVD, Kenpo X. Love it. It's a kickboxing, karate, cardio workout all in one. And after this very early AM workout, I made myself a tasty little smoothie. In the mood for figs, here is the recipe, adapted from Fig and Grape Cleansing Shake from RAW FOOD Real World, one of the best raw food "cook"books. My version:

Fig & Protein Shake:

Handful of green or red grapes
4 (or so) fresh figs
2 dried Calimyrna figs
1 1/2 cups water
2 tbsp hemp protein powder
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla Pea protein powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 dropper of liquid vanilla Stevia
dash of cinnamon
dash of salt
2 cups ice

Blend away. Enjoy this thick smoothie in your favorite mason jar, as I did, with a straw or spoon.

Looks good, huh! ;) Trust me, it's TASTY!

Enjoy! More P90X and food tomorrow.

1 running thoughts:

Twins said...

Love that smoothie. I have made it before. So good. I love figs.

Post a Comment