Thursday, September 24, 2009

A VERY Generous Donation

Today was the last official day for my Team In Training donations to be submitted. This morning I was a little worried because I was still about $500 away from my goal- after figuring in some last minute checks that I submitted via snail-mail. So I was completely taken aback when I got an email from Angie at Rock Bottom Brewery...

A couple of months ago I had a fundraiser at Rock Bottom Brewery. All of the proceeds from their Beer Tapping (releasing a new beer) would go to my fundraising efforts. The new beer being tapped is $1 a pint for one hour. Well, that was a fantastic event with a HUGE turnout! It was especially great because I got to see a lot of my friends that I have not seen in a while.

Anyway, I just got the donation from the company... $2,000. My goodness that made my day! I am now way over my fundraising goal and that much more will go toward helping those with blood cancers. I feel blessed for being a part of this amazing group, TNT, and helping the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. And now my stresses of not being able to raise enough are gone.



(These pictures are from the event... I'm announcing the event from the bar!)

Great way to ease into the weekend! Tomorrow's Friday!!! Everyone have a superb rest of your days.

0 running thoughts:

Post a Comment