Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Raw Food

Many people on my Team In Training running team have asked me what I eat if I only eat raw food and if I get enough protein. Well, not only do I get enough protein but I get a better quality protein than most people I know. Here is what I have on a typical day, and better yet, today:

Morning Smoothie:
1 Pear
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup packed spinach
1/2 juice from lemon
1/8 cup Chia seeds soaked
1/2 cup coconut water
1 cup water
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp maca
1 tsp blue-green algae
2 tsp hemp seeds
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp dulse flakes
and ice

All blended in my amazing Blentec blender.

Mid-morning snack:
1 peach
1 homemade Almond Butter Cookie
(almond butter, maca, dried unsweetened coconnut, honey, raw cacao powder, sesame seeds)

Lunch:
Raw homemade sauerkraut
1/2 an avocado
miso
1 nori sheet
dulse flakes
1/2 Organic Food Bar

Pre-Dinner Snack:
(While making dinner)
2 Handfuls of blueberries

Dinner:
Quinoa & Amaranth cooked together
Raw homemade sauerkraut
1/2 an avocado
miso
1 nori sheet
(pretty much what I had for lunch)

Dessert:
Coconut Bliss Ice Cream (OOOOOH so good!) with a spoonful of raw almond butter and a little spoon of honey on top. Delicious!

Oh and a glass (or 2) of red wine.

0 running thoughts:

Post a Comment